Camp Paivika’s Summer Program, consisting of multiple sessions from June through August, is packed with morning-to-evening fun!
Campers are grouped with peers and assigned to specific schedules. Each day brings new opportunities to play, share interests, make new friends and meet challenges.
Click each tab to see what a typical day in the Summer Program looks like:
- Custom warm water pool specially designed with our campers in mind. Features two hoyer lifts and safe entry ramp.
- Supervised by American Red Cross Certified lifeguards
- Non-instructional program
- One-on-one, in-pool support is available for campers who need it
- Experienced gentle horses led and walked by trained staff
- Riders protected by helmets and safety belt and supported on either side by staff
- Inclusive program accommodates non-ambulatory campers requiring extra support
- Those who are unable or prefer not to ride can still safely pet, feed and groom horses in modified corral areas
- Designed to improve physical coordination and strength: archery, baseball, bowling, obstacle courses, broom hockey and frisbee golf.
- Designed to enhance concentration and promote socialization: Bingo, board games, card games
- Activities adapted for accessibility and for different age groups according to ability levels
- Tie-dye and beading projects, ceramics, painting and other traditional camp crafts
- Campers explore their artistic side and experience a sense of accomplishment with activities encouraging self-expression and hand-eye coordination
- Creative movement, acting games and music making
- Staged musicals are performed in outdoor amphitheater with entire camp in attendance
- Grand finale of each session is the camp talent show where campers have the opportunity to share their talents on stage!
- Games and crafts incorporate elements of the beautiful surrounding mountain and forest environment
- Activities take place in the forest environment and include outdoor exploration accessible to all.
- Explored themes of wildlife, trees and conservation give campers a deeper appreciation for nature
- Brings full camp together
- Activities include campfires, Game Show Night, carnivals, dances, karaoke, scavenger hunts for children, casino nights for adults
For more information call 909-338-1102 ext. 5003
Summer Session Schedule
2020 Open House – Saturday, June 6th 12pm-3pm
Session One (Adults)
5 Night Option: June 7-June 12
Session Two (Adults)
7 Night Option: June 15-June 22
Session Three (Youth 9-17)
5 Night Option: June 26-July 1
3 Night Option: June 26-June 29
Session Four (Teen-Young Adults 16-25)
7 Night Option: July 4-July 11
Session Five (Youth 9-17)
5 Night Option: July 15-July 20
3 Night Option: July 15-July 18
Session Six (Adults)
9 Night Option: July 23-Aug 1
Session Seven (Adults)
5 Night Option: Aug 5-Aug 10
Session Eight (Adults)*
5 Night Option: Aug 13-Aug 18
Session Nine (Adults)*
4 Night Option: Aug 20-Aug 24
*one-to-one staffing not available for this session